Gas Saftey Certificates - Boilers Worcester

Bromsgrove & Redditch | 01527 531340 Birmingham | 0121 706 2888

Gas SafteyCertificates

By law, under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, it is the responsibility of the landlord to get a Gas Safety Certificate every twelve months. The certificate must be from a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipework, gas appliances and flues installed at your property. At Boilers Worcester one quick call on 01527 280 339 is all it takes to have a Gas Safe registered engineer to visit the property conduct a Gas Safety check.

If you use a property agent to manage your property, you need to make sure your contract clearly states whose responsibility it is to carry out maintenance on gas appliances. You must also keep copies of all the paperwork. You’ll need to keep a record of the safety inspection for two years, and give a copy to all of your tenants within 28 days of the inspection. If your tenants change, they’ll need a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate before they move in. Its normally good practice to keep a copy for new customers if your contract says the agent is responsible, then the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 are passed on to them.

Get AFree Quote